NOTE: This process has been tested on a GE DISCOVERY MR750
Prerequisites for setup
- FIRMM version 3.2 or greater installed on a separate Linux computer that is networked to the scanner host computer. If FIRMM is not yet installed, visit firmm.io for more info.
- You will need to know the FIRMM user name and password, set during the installation of FIRMM. The user name will be
firmmprocunless FIRMM was installed sudo-less, in which case it will be the installer's user name. It is referenced below as
- You will need to know the FIRMM computer IP address, referenced below as
- ssh keys will need to be set to enable connection from the scanner host to the FIRMM computer without requiring a password, see instructions below.
- Copy firmm_monitor and firmm_rsync.sh from
- Sequences with a pulse sequence description (DICOM tag [0019,109E]) of 'EPI' will be sent to the FIRMM computer via rsync.
Set ssh key instructions
- Open a terminal on the scanner host computer.
ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 4096.
- Hit enter three times. This will create the ssh key at the default path and create it without a password.
ssh FIRMM_USER@FIRMM_IP mkdir -p .sshand enter your FIRMM_USER password.
cat .ssh/id_rsa.pub | ssh FIRMM_USER@FIRMM_IP 'cat >> .ssh/authorized_keys'and enter your FIRMM_USER password.
- You should now be able to log in to (and rsync files to) the FIRMM computer from the scanner host without a password.
MR session instructions
Follow these steps every time you run an MR session.
- Start the FIRMM software on the remote Linux computer.
- Run the localizers for the scan.
- Open a command window and run firmm_monitor on the scanner host, giving the exam number as the only argument.
- Keep the monitor running for the duration of the session. When a new series is started it will detect the series type. If the pulse sequence description ([0019,109E]) is 'EPI' it will start the transfer to the FIRMM machine.
- If a series doesn't finish running before the next starts, then the new series will not be transferred to the FIRMM computer.